top of page

Community Resources for Fresnans

Below are some resources that may be helpful for you and your family. Fresno Building Healthy Communities will update this list as new resources are identified. Don't miss out on one-time resources & opportunities! Follow us on Facebook and Twitter

  • Health and Human Services
    The United Way of Fresno and Madera Counties offers resource referrals and information on various health and human services. Get connected by dialing 2-1-1.
  • Report Issues to the City of Fresno
    The City of Fresno One Call Center (3-1-1) serves all constituents professionally, courteously, and responsively and assists in reporting issues to all departments in the City of Fresno. The Call Center is available Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Community members can also report issues 24/7 by calling (559) 621-CITY (2489), or by using the FresGo app.
  • Community Health Center
    Find your closest community health center by visiting Find My Health+ Center.
  • Clinica Sierra Vista
    Clinica Sierra Vista is a comprehensive federally qualified health center system serving the primary medical, dental and behavioral health needs of people in Kern, Fresno and Inyo counties. To schedule an appointment, call them at 1-833-278-4584, health center hours vary by location.
  • United Health Centers of the San Joaquin Valley
    United Health Centers of the San Joaquin Valley is a federally qualified health center system that provides comprehensive medical, dental and community health services to the medically underserved in Fresno, Kings and Tulare counties. To schedule an appointment call them at 1-800-492-4227, health center hours vary by location.
  • Charity Care Programs
    If you are uninsured/underinsured and receive medically necessary care at a local hospital and you cannot afford to pay, ask to apply for their charity care or financial assistance program. Charity care programs offer partial and full discounts for medically necessary services and are available to patients who are low-income and cannot afford to pay their portion of the hospital bill. For more information click on the links below: Saint Agnes Medical Center Community Medical Centers Kaiser Permanente Adventist Health
  • Covered California Health Plan
    Individuals can apply through Covered California to see if they are eligible for a health plan through Covered California or Medi-Cal. Financial help, including advanced premium tax credit (APTC), state premium assistance, and cost-sharing reduction (CSR) may be available to help pay for coverage. Covered California’s online application system will check your eligibility for Medi-Cal and for financial assistance based on your family size, household income, and other eligibility factors.
  • Specialty Health Care Services
    Fresno County residents who are not eligible for full-scope Medi-Cal may be eligible to receive specialty health care services at no cost if you meet eligibility guidelines, regardless of your immigration status through the Non-Resident Specialty Care Fund.
  • Fresno County Medically Indigent Services Program (MISP)
    The Fresno County Medically Indigent Services Program (MISP) assists qualified low-income Fresno County residents who have a medical need, but have no source of health coverage available and no other way to pay for necessary medical care.
  • Responding to Child Abuse During a Pandemic
    Many child protection professionals believe child abuse is likely to increase during the COVID-19 pandemic because most abusers are parents or siblings who now have more complete access to the child victim. Zero Abuse Project offers 25 tips for MDTs in responding to child abuse during a pandemic. Download the Tips Sheet.
  • Emergency and Longer-Term Safe Housing
    Marjaree Mason Center provides emergency and longer-term safe housing, along with a wide variety of support services for victims of domestic violence in Fresno County. If you are the victim of domestic violence, call 559-233-4357. If it’s unsafe to call, email If it is a life threatening emergency, call 9-1-1.
  • Centro La Familia Advocacy Services
    Centro La Familia Advocacy Services offers a broad range of programs designed to assist crime victims, support families and children, promote health and wellness, encourage civic engagement and more.The Centro La Familia Victim Assistance Program supports non-citizen victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and other serious crimes throughout Fresno County. If you or someone you know needs help call 1-877-294-3772.
  • Food Distribution Locations
    The Central California Food Bank provides food distribution services to residents in Fresno, Madera, Kings, Kern, and Tulare counties. Use the Food Locator to find up-to-date food distribution locations near you.
  • Free Food and Hygiene Pantry
    The Fresno State Student Cupboard is a free food and hygiene pantry for current Fresno State students. Times of operation vary by day. Follow them on Facebook to get their latest updates or call 559-278-6621.
  • Food Assistance Program for College Students
    The Ram Pantry is a free food assistance program for college students currently enrolled at Fresno City College with an Associated Student Body (ASB) card. Food distribution hours vary, visit their website for latest updates or email
  • Fresno Housing Authority Updates
    Fresno Housing serves over 50,000 residents from 17 municipalities in Fresno County. Since 2010 the Agency has self-developed over 2,100 new multi-family units and renovated over 650 units. The Agency manages and owns over 80 multi-family housing developments throughout Fresno County. For more information, visit the Fresno Housing Authority website or call 559-443-8400.
  • Homeowner and Renter Resources
    Self-Help Enterprises is a nationally recognized community development organization whose mission is to work together with low-income families to build and sustain healthy homes and communities. Self Help Enterprises has compiled a list of homeowner and renter resources. For immediate assistance in discussing a potential foreclosure, rental housing resources including eviction prevention, and financial counseling, call (559) 651-1000.
  • Central California Legal Services (CCLS)
    Central California Legal Services (CCLS) helps families avoid homelessness and protects their right to safe and decent housing. Low-income Fresno County tenants and landlords can receive legal advice by calling 1-800-675-8001.
  • PG&E Financial Assistance Programs
    If you recently lost your job or have experienced a reduction in income, you may qualify for a reduced energy rate through Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) financial assistance programs. You can also contact PG&E and ask to make payment arrangements to pay your current balance over several months to help address temporary financial strains. PG&E has announced they will not be disconnecting any services for nonpayment for all residential and small business customers until further notice.
  • California Immigrant Guide and Listos California
    California Immigrant Guide and Listos California have compiled a guide featuring services available throughout the state to help immigrants thrive and succeed and fully participate in life in California.
  • DACA and Immigration information
    The Immigrant Legal Resource Center has compiled information on the DACA program and COVID-19 and immigration information.
  • Resources to Keep Kids Active and Healthy
    Action for Healthy Kids has created and collected resources to help parents keep kids active and healthy while schools are closed or doing online learning. Keep your kids busy by browsing through their library for tips, games and more.
  • Fresno Unified Tutoring Resources
    Fresno Unified students seeking additional resources can receive personalized learning sessions through for help. The program offers one-on-one specifically tailored lessons for each students needs. Visit the Fresno Unified tutoring website for instruction on how to get started.
  • Helping Children Cope With Changes Resulting From COVID-19
    If you are in need of resources to help you talk with your child or family about COVID-19, visit the National Association of School Psychologists or Greater Good Magazine for helpful tips during this time.
  • Emotional and Coping Support to Community Members
    The Fresno County Behavioral HealthWarm Line provides non-emergency emotional and coping support to community members. Warm line operators provide supportive listening, practical coping ideas, and information on how to get connected to behavioral health services. The Warm Line is available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM. Call 559-600-WARM (9276) to get connected.
  • Benefits Available for Workers Impacted by COVID-19
    The California Labor and Workforce Development Agency has put together a chart of benefits available for workers impacted by COVID-19. You may be eligible for paid sick leave, disability, unemployment, and other benefits. Contact the Employment Development Department for more information.
  • Unemployment Insurance (UI) Work Sharing Program
    Employers can apply for the Unemployment Insurance (UI) Work Sharing Program if reduced production, services, or other conditions cause them to seek an alternative to layoffs. The Work Sharing Program provides employees a percentage of their weekly wages as long as employers maintain health and retirement benefits. Work Sharing benefits are charged to the employer's reserve account.
  • Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act)"
    The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) authorized Economic Impact Payments for some tax filers based on adjusted gross income.
  • Resources to Support Small Businesses
    The Fresno County Economic Development Corporation has compiled information and resources to support small businesses.
bottom of page