Beginning May 2016, all lower income children under age 19 will qualify for full-scope Medi-Cal services, regardless of immigration status. This expands coverage to an estimated 170,000 undocumented children in the state of California.
While the expansion of Medi-Cal allows children to enroll in health care, more needs to be done for the millions of adults locked out of accessing health care.
Everyone deserves access to health care, regardless of where they were born.
Medi-Cal Enrollment – It’s easy as 1-2-3!
Step #1: What do you qualify for?
See the monthly income guidelines below to determine if you are likely eligible for Medi-Cal.
Step #2: Gather Important Documents
To enroll in Medi-Cal, please bring these important documents:
- Photo identification for the person completing the application
- Social Security Number for each family member requesting health insurance
- Proof of Current Address (utility bill, rent receipt, etc. )
- Recent Income Tax Statement, if you did not file income taxes, you can bring current income verification for each family member including last four paycheck stubs, letter from employer, benefits award letter, etc.
- Verification of Immigration Status for each family member requesting health insurance (naturalization certificate, U.S. passport, permanent resident card, or any applicable document.
Step 3: Visit an enrollment partner
Apply for health insurance coverage in-person by visiting your closest enrollment location:
Centro La Familia Advocacy Services, Inc.
302 Fresno Street, #102
8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Available in English and Spanish.
Fresno Center for New Americans
4879 E. Kings Canyon Road
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Available in English, Hmong, Laos, Thai and Cambodian
West Fresno Family Resource Center
1802 E. California Avenue
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Available in English and Spanish. Appointments are recommended.
Available in English, Hmong and Spanish. Other languages are accommodated through phone translation services.
Divisadero Community Health Center
145 N. Clark Street
Easton Community Health Center
5784 S. Elm Avenue
Elm Community Health Center
2790 S. Elm Street
Garland Community Health Center
3727 N. First Street, Suite 106
Gaston Middle School Health & Wellness Center
1120 E. Church Avenue
North Fine Community Health Center
1945 N. Fine Avenue, Suite 100
Orange & Butler Community Health Center
1350 S. Orange Avenue
Regional Medical Community Health Center
2505 E. Divisadero Street
West Fresno Community Health Center
302 Fresno Street, Suite 101
West Shaw Community Health Center
4739 W. Shaw Avenue, Suite 108